Qualche cenno sull'argomento:
The Teatro Lirico was opened in 1993, at the end of a very long period of works that began in 1964, with the competition notice for the realization of a new theatre for the city, which replaced the old Teatro Civico that was destroyed in the Second World War’s bombings. After approving the project realised by the architects Ginoulhiac and Galmozzi from Bergamo in 1967 the construction of the 5000 m2 structure began including: the foyer, the hall with 1650 seats divided between the audience and two galleries, the stage (22 meters long and 14 meters wide) encased in chalk and wood for an optimal acoustics. The orchestra pit is placed on a double mobile platform, which allowed many different uses. The rehearsal rooms, the laboratories, the stores and the offices were realised in the years following the opening. The Teatro Lirico from Cagliari, where the homonym foundation is located, is active all the year round with the opera, ballet and symphonic season. On this stage, together with the Orchestra and the Teatro Lirico chorus, protagonists of many prestigious productions, many great artists contributed to determine the re-launch of Cagliari’s musical activities. Today it is part of the complex Parco della Musica.