Qualche cenno sull'argomento:
The Diocesan Historical Archive was established by Archbishop Salvatore Isgrò on 21 June 1984. It contains the documents of the historical parishes of the Diocese (Fondo Quinque Libri), that of the Archiepiscopal Curia (Fondo Arcivescovile), that of the Chapter Archive (Fondo Capitolare) and that of the cases (Fondo Tribunale) and a valuable collection of about 300 parchments, mostly papal documents ranging from 1441 to 1950. The most notable payment in terms of number, cultural and historical value was that of the Quinque Libri, collected from the 33 historical parishes of the Diocese by order of the Bishop. The primary need was to reorganize, inventory, protect and enhance the material in order to make it available to scholars and users. To preserve the originals it was necessary to first microfilm them and then type them in. The result of this operation are 1,107 reels for a total of 167,527 frames, 52,976 of which concern the five parishes of Sassari. The digitalization has involved the Five Books and currently some substantial series of the Capitular and Archbishop’s Fund. They can be consulted on two microfilm readers and eight computer stations in the headquarters in Piazza Duomo n.3.